Sunday, December 15, 2013

Turning Back West - Part 3: Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming

By L:  This last leg of our journey was less of sight seeing and more visiting family - what joy!  Unfortunately, we didn't have the camera out taking pictures of the people we were visiting.  We stopped in Joplin, MO and had lunch with Dana's Uncle and Aunt and cousin' family.  Then we had a marvelous dinner out with Dana's parents and three of his siblings in the Topeka area.  We spent some time with his parents before we continued our journey to Cheyenne, Wyoming where we visited my mother. The last stop was in Worland, Wyoming before we arrived back in Billings.  
This next picture was taken along the highway to Topeka, Kansas.

By L:  I couldn't resist getting a picture of what I was seeing in the side mirror - Dana is a great photographer and got some amazing pictures from unique angles.


We went to this museum in Omaha, Nebraska - it was very interesting!



And we went to the Winter Quarters Temple.  I loved the decorative entrance.



We stopped at a park in Cheyenne next to a botanical gardens and I decided to take a picture of the message on the posts in this small arboretum.  Timeless advice from Rotary International.





We took a tour through the Wyoming State Capital Building.  
Wow - it was so ornate - and we were free to explore on our own.


By L:  I had to get one last picture - this is of the Asay Vet clinic/farm just outside of Worland.  We rarely go through Worland without stopping here and seeing what kind of excitement is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment